S&P 500 S&P500, Elliott e Gann in sinergia - Marzo 2009 (1 Viewer)

Tatloc

Sono alle prime armi
Argema ciao,

scusami se non mi sono presentato subito all'Administrator!

(E' la prima volta che partecipo ad un Forum)

Argema

Administrator
Membro dello Staff
Argema ciao,

scusami se non mi sono presentato subito all'Administrator!

(E' la prima volta che partecipo ad un Forum)

Ma che scherzi? :) Non hai nulla di che scusarti :)
Sono contento tu sia approdato a questo forum :), spero ti troverai bene.

Ciao anche a te Kempo, ora scappo .. ma sono contento che questo thread si sia avviato bene :up:

Deviad

Forumer attivo
Complimenti
Sono intervalli e livelli validi in assoluto oppure li "aggiusti" quando c'e' il rollover,come venerdi' tra marzo e giugno??

"Tutti i massimi ed i minimi sono proporzioni matematiche esatte di intervalli di prezzo precedenti. Anche nel caso in cui il prezzo si sposta fuori da un certo intervallo, è ancora necessario conoscere quel particolare intervallo".

Di solito si prende un intervallo di prezzo ampio che comprende quello corrente e poi si prendono intervalli di prezzo via via più piccoli e si vede come si è comportato il prezzo su tali livelli.

Qui di seguito degli spezzoni di un libro:
Stopping at 3/8ths of a range is a normal support or resistance

retracement and keeps the trend intact. Actually there is a zone between 1/3rd and 3/8th that

will support most retracements and leave the probability of a normal counter trend and thus

keeps the trend intact.

Unfortunately, a market can temporarily bounce off that level and

eventually go through. But the form of the trend getting there is usually sufficient to answer

that question.

There is one last range to deal with and that is the range of the high price. This is only a bear

market phenomenon or only to be used in a bear market. Many bear campaigns will fall to

50% of the high price. And when dealing with individual stocks and commodities that can

move significantly through that level it is best to keep looking at 50% of the next lower high

and if that is significantly broken, then look at the next lower high and 50% of that price. You

would view this along with the range extensions and the range of the highest price.

The run from the 1982 low up to the 1983 high, corrected back to the 1/3rd to 3/8th support level. This retracement is very common in all markets that hold a trend intact. We could call this the

normal counter trend support level for a trend. Dropping down to 50% is more severe and

doesn’t give a high probability of resuming the trend, as does the 1/3rd to 3/8ths level. Of

course, a ¼ retracement is an indication of an even stronger trend but is more likely in bear

trends than bull trends. Unfortunately, markets can bounce off of any of the retracement

values with a counter trend and then resume the trend. So we need more than just price

level.

Matching the move down with an equal move up is not unusual and

is a harmonic relationship. This set up the possibility of the next drive up becoming

an exhaustion drive or the third ascending trendline.

Because the last move down was starting up without hitting the

previous trendline (chart 47), this leg up could be an exhaustion style of trend.

If

this was a blowoff or exhaustion style of trend, this would produce another higher trendlines.

If this was a very strong trend it would also bottom above the previous high. We could also

assume the correction would not be in excess of the 1/3rd to 3/8th retracement level and could

be at 1/4.

Chart 49 shows that retracement to be 1/3rd and the index made a vertical move to a 3/8th

extension. This would make little sense for a high when considering the momentum and

status of the trend. The index moved down one week for the high and started a creeping or

struggling pattern up. This could have produced a high of some significance. There was a lot

of volatility, which is indicative of tops.

But as Chart 50 shows the correction was, again, 1/3 to 3/8 and held the trend intact and

produced another higher trend line and continued the exhaustion. You can see there was still

a leg missing to complete the wave structure and turned out to be a 5 wave subdivided 5th

wave into the August 1987 high. One thing I have noticed over time and use in my analysis is

old 50% marks will come into play if tested. So once a market produces a range of

movement, the 50% mark of that movement needs to be kept on the chart. In this instance,

the low to the 1987 crash was at, among other things, 50% of that range. Once the market

proved it was trending up from the 1986/1987 low, the current trend we are now viewing. We

could assume another exhaustion leg up, as this would be starting from another ascending

trendline. The April/May correction was exactly at 3/8th of the leg up and indicated another

drive probable to complete a 5-wave structure.

Chart 51 is the entire range of the move up we have been studying. You can see the

correction of the 1987 crash was down to 50% of the entire range. You can see as that range

was extended upward and the index hit the price levels of the extension, a correction

followed. This is a monthly chart so each bar is 30 days so the corrections where significant

in time on a daily chart. This is all normal for price vibration.

Chart 52 is a weekly chart of the S&P index. After the 1987 crash, I continued to

look for another sharp trend down to test the 1987 low. So each time there was a false break

pattern, I expected to see a fast trend down. There was no reason to believe that scenario,

other than the emotions of living through the crash and emotionally looking for the same thing

to reoccur. I did know if the index moved past 180 days there would not be a further move

down. I also knew that the eighth year of a decade has a very high probability of being an up

year. But emotionally I still kept looking for another big decline. Then in the beginning of

1989 the index moved above the previous high and within a 4-week decline could not move

back below the previous high. This created a space between the previous creeping trend up

and the low to this correction. Indicating the start of a fast trend up was a strong probability.

This would indicate a minimum move to the next significant resistance. In this instance that

would be the 1987 top. The index moved above that previous top and showed a three-thrust

pattern to end the trend.

But one would have felt very confident of testing the 1987 top (the

first high on the chart) once the “spacing” was confirmed. If you go back and look at chart 51,

the most logical extension would be 1/8 , ¼ or ½. The bull trend was only interrupted by the

90-day (intermediate term counter trend) move down in 1990.

There is another aspect of range analysis we can find very useful. Important highs and lows

can become 50% marks into the future.

The normal extension to end a trend is ¼ of the previous

vibration; in this instance it would have been the 1/3 to 3/8 extension.

The momentum of the move

down carried the price through the ¼ support but it immediately recovered. If we take the

high of the last counter trend and make it a 50% mark (chart 54), the low is confirmed as a

probable complete leg.

While markets are struggling in a sideways pattern an opportunity can present itself once a

third move against support or resistance is complete. Chart 63 is a US stock BMY. After a

third attempt at support or resistance a market can start to trend in either direction. The fourth

attempt at support or resistance caries a probability of breaking through. The only problem

comes in trying to determine which thrust to start the count.

The fourth

attempt at support or resistance caries a probability of breaking through. The only problem

comes in trying to determine which thrust to start the count. The higher low in mid 1994

would not be considered a test because the previous rally didn’t get anywhere near the highs

of the sideways pattern so that is still the same thrust down. But many times that last thrust

down prior to the start of the consolidation can confuse the count if the next low is just

marginal. In this case it is OK and easy to read. A classic volume pattern at the 1994 low.

Per del materiale aggiuntivo (gratuito ovviamente) pm.

Ultima modifica:

Eolo

Nuovo forumer
Così, tanto per provare ...

Elliott.gif

patrid

Trader tranquillo
Bravo Deviad.
Complimenti e buona fortuna.
Vedi che a volte basta buttarsi nella mischia?!
Non ti mancheranno certo i lettori e i commentatori.

Di nuovo auguri e a presto per nuovi confronti e scambi di idee.

Saluti.
Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto