Overfitting (1 Viewer)

marofib

Forumer storico
almeno c'ha messo la faccia, 290 clienti ..mezzo milione a cranio le stime (150milioni)
per difetto a sto punto visto che nel sito l'investimento minimo e' di 500k

Ultima modifica:

tdazio

Nuovo forumer
No, non concordo.
Faccio copia/incolla del commento di un tizio su un altro forum, che spiega le cose meglio di me:

Naked short gamma is for funds only.
The "trade" is like this:

You write deep OTM in anything that has premium.
You have a very steady return and that attracts the muppets aka. High Networth Individuals and accredited Investors.
You collect a couple of million and make a good living out of your management fees.
Since you win most of the time, the fund grows bigger and bigger and you make even more in management fees.
If you are lucky, you get away with it for a very long time.
If not, you blow up, fly under the radar for a couple of months and open up shop under a different name.

Things to avoid:
- avoid publicity like the plague. If people know your face from interviews, videos and TV, it's impossible to open a new fund once you've blown up.
- Save up a couple of M. You need time to get the machine going again once the lawyers have left.

Seriously, the naked short gamma game is around since the invention of options and a lot of big funds are doing this strategy. Due to the fact that so much money is attracted to the steady returns, you can make heaps of cash without really doing much.
Selling premium isn't that complicated and for the most part it's a waiting game so you can focus on raising money.
Doing this with your own account would be suicide but since you are cashing in on fees and leave the nuke risk to your investors, you are basically risk free.

Anche sul fatto che il fondo ha realizzato il 25% per anni c'è da riflettere: i clienti non hanno perso tutto, ma più di tutto.
Pare debbano rifondere alla clearing house (una solida ditta facente parte del Fortune 500) i margini, in misura del 25%, così più è cresciuto il tuo account e più sarai salassato.

Non a caso il tipo dall'aspetto contrito, che nel video mai ammette i propri errori e seguita a parlare di 'rough wave", era un assiduo frequentatore di siti web acchiappa-gonzi come seekingalpha e marketwatch.

marofib

Forumer storico
che poi non e' nemmeno stato un flash crash...il prezzo e' stato ben assimilato su questi nuovi valori
quindi oltre all'errore evidente con le naked ha letto proprio male il mercato...vendere gas mentre si accendono i termosifoni ...bah

Immagine.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto