Metals: Mini Gold (1 Viewer)

ones^

Forumer attivo
Buon anno!

articolo interessante sul metallo prezioso che deve far riflettere un po tutti:

Confessions of a Gold Analyst: “It’s All My Fault”

Common sense dictates that when you need information or advice on something you’re unfamiliar with, you consult with a professional. That’s what people do, whether refinancing a home, choosing an insurance product, or fixing a broken heater. While professionals certainly have their own agendas, they still know more about their products or services than others, and can at least help them make more informed decisions.
Bank and brokerage analysts know their products, too. But when it comes to helping you make an informed decision about where the gold market is headed, they have, as Rick Rule is fond of saying, a record unblemished by success.
Every year major banks and brokerage houses provide their four-year forecasts for the gold price. The following chart documents the average price projection of 25 top analysts over the past seven years, many of whom specialize in the resource industry. I might suggest pushing away from your desk so that when your jaw drops it doesn’t hit the keyboard.
AnalystsAverageGoldPriceForecasts_1.jpg
You can see that every year since 2007, bank and brokerage analysts have as a group predicted that gold would fall, sometimes dramatically, over the next four-year period. For example, in 2007 the consensus of all estimates was that gold would decline from $656 to $523 by 2011. Instead, the price rose 140% to an average of $1,572 that year.
Similarly, they predict this year that gold will fall from $1,665 to $1,515 by 2017. Even if they thought gold would move higher the first year, their best guess was that it was ultimately headed lower. So far they’ve been wrong every time.
For the most part, these are analysts who do nothing but study the resource markets all day long. It’s their job. No one gets it right all the time, but this kind of track record is embarrassing.
The obvious lesson is for investors to ignore price predictions from the major banks and brokerage houses – they just don’t get it. I’m sure most readers of this publication already know that.
However, there’s a much bigger implication of this data that may not immediately come to mind…
Why would I as a fund manager or institutional investor buy a gold stock if my analysts tell me the price of gold is going to fall?
Answer: I wouldn’t.
If the price of the product a company sells is expected to decline over the next few years, would you buy the company’s stock? Its earnings are almost certain to fall. As a manager of millions (or billions) of dollars, you wouldn’t buy any investment with this kind of outlook.
There’s more. These same banks and brokerages have also been predicting the price of oil will rise (almost) every year. While they’ve occasionally been right about that, it means that margins for the gold producers would be expected to fall, since roughly 10% of their costs are related to fuel. So again…
Why would I as a fund manager or institutional investor buy a gold stock if my analysts tell me profit margins are expected to fall?
Answer: I wouldn’t.
It doesn’t matter that analysts have been consistently wrong. What matters is that if the institutional world believes the gold price is likely decline and/or that margins are likely to fall, they’re not going to stick their necks out and buy gold stocks. They could lose their bonuses or even their jobs if their analyst’s predictions came true and they’d bet against them.
This could be the explanation for why hedge funds, institutional investors, and other large investors haven’t entered this market en masse and could account for the disconnect between the price of gold and the trajectory of gold stocks.
If institutional investors are largely absent from this market, why is gold rising every year? Gold is not a trading sardine for institutions. Gold is supported by strong physical demand from individuals around the world and from central banks. Read our take here. We see the potential in gold equities, as we believe the price of gold is going higher, but big investors with billions of dollars to pour into an market don’t. Their money, for the most part, is still on the sidelines.
This phenomenon leads us to predict that someday these institutional investors will enter this sector en masse. Once the facts sink in and the institutional world becomes convinced gold and silver prices will maintain a sustainable uptrend, they’ll be much more attracted to the equities – and just as stubborn about changing their minds once they’re on board.
Now, it’s possible this group may have to be beat over the head by relentlessly rising precious-metals prices before they enter the industry. They’ll have to believe that, say, gold hitting $1,900 again isn’t a temporary fluke but a sustainable uptrend. I don’t know what price the metal would have to maintain or how long it would have to stay there before they jump on board, but given the above chart, I think it’s safe to say they won’t be the first to the party. I personally think it will be something along the lines of what we outlined in the recent Hard Assets Alliance letter.
Whenever and however it happens, though, the stampede from institutional investors into this tiny industry will be sudden and dramatic, because they tend to have a herd mentality. No one wants to be left behind. Just like they don’t want to risk buying something all their colleagues are ignoring now, they’ll rush to own the popular and exciting investment when gold stocks have their day.
The consequence of this will result in dramatically higher stock prices. How high? Well, this group loves to use price models, and fair value for Newmont Mining (NEM), based on its Reserves, would be about $200/share (it’s currently trading around $44). And that’s at $1,700 gold – as the spot price rises, the value of NEM will rise exponentially, since gold would be rising faster than costs, even when inflation kicks in.
That is why I’m excited about the producers. It’s the first place the institutional world will turn when gold makes a sustained move higher. Come the day those investors believe gold is about to become part of the monetary system, that bonds are no longer a safe place for money, that inflation is about to get out of control, or whatever it might be that changes their paradigm, they’ll flood into our little market and push share prices higher by an order of magnitude.
When this shift gets under way, we’ll already own the stocks that institutional investors will be clamoring to buy. Maybe we should thank them now.

Ones^ :)

Ultima modifica:

ones^

Forumer attivo
Gold Bull!

“People who are saying there is no reason to buy gold now, never understood the reason people were buying it in the first place. People weren’t buying gold because they were worried about a crisis in the Eurozone or weak US stocks. People were buying gold because central banks were printing too much money. It’s inflation that drives the gold train, not political uncertainty.”

The Gold Bull Is Far from Dead (Video) | Peter Schiff

Ones^ :)

ones^

Forumer attivo
Gold Future

Gold Future in posizione Long con target area 1460 (1°) e 1655 (2°) con stop sotto 1327

Ones :)

Allegati

• gold future.jpg
    gold future.jpg
    195,1 KB · Visite: 496

ones^

Forumer attivo
Il meglio dell'oro deve ancora venire

Ora zero: il meglio dell’oro deve ancora venire

Novembre 2013 Di L'indipendenza

images.jpg
di ADDISON WIGGIN*

Mentre il prezzo dell’oro rimane nel range tra i 1290-1420 dollari sin dalla fine di Luglio, restiamo a guardare la prova di quella che abbiamo etichettato come ‘Ora Zero. Quello sarà il momento in cui un importante scambiatore di merci esaurirà l’oro con cui saldare un contratto e lo salderà invece in contanti, un default. In quel momento, il prezzo dell’oro fisico si emanciperà “dall’oro cartaceo”.
Mentre andiamo in stampa, sono già evidenti nel sistema segnali di stress, in particolare nel GLD, il gigante degli ETF che rappresenta un proxy per il prezzo dell’oro. Non abbiamo mai amato il GLD. Presenta troppi “rischi di controparte”, il classico rischio che chiunque stia facendo affari con voi non vuole, o non può, essere all’altezza delle sue promesse.
Tra le tante promesse c’è questa: gli investitori stra-ricchi possono scambiare le loro azioni GLD per metallo vero (l’opzione non è disponibile per voi, piccoli investitori). Ma ora anche i grandi investitori non possono commerciare le loro azioni per il bene reale. «Le persone hanno cercato di portare fuori il loro oro da quell’ETF», dice John Hathaway, responsabile del Tocqueville Gold Fund, «e non sono riuscite a farlo».
Il racconto di Hathaway è confermato da Grant Williams, consulente in un hedge fund con sede a Singapore. Il problema? L’enorme squilibrio tra contratti futures al Comex di New York e l’inventario di metallo reale che il Comex ha a disposizione per la consegna. Williams calcola che ci sono 55 once di “oro cartaceo” per ogni oncia di bene reale. «Abbiamo visto che l’oro è stato drenato fuori dal Comex quasi ininterrottamente quest’anno», ha detto di recente Williams al conduttore radiofonico Eric King, «di certo sin dalla richiesta di rimpatrio della Bundesbank. E non ha ancora avuto alcun effetto evidente, ma in realtà è una molla che viene compressa continuamente, e ad un certo punto scatterà. E quando lo farà, con tutte queste pretese disparate su ogni oncia d’oro, ne vedremo delle belle».
Dall’inizio del 2013 fino a metà settembre, gli inventari del Comex sono diminuiti del 36 %, da 11.059 milioni di once a 7.034 milioni. Questo è il flusso d’oro da Occidente ad Oriente che abbiamo documentato per tutto l’anno in 5 Min. Forecast. L’oro viene drenato dai caveau di New York e finisce in Cina, dove la banca centrale e la gente comune lo stanno accumulando a prezzi visti l’ultima volta nel 2010.
DR_10-29-13_Cliff-580x420.png
Il calo nell’inventario del Comex «oggi vale la bellezza di $9.66 miliardi», scrive Mark O’Byrne di GoldCore, «nel senso che una manciata di miliardari o solo una potente nazione creditrice con grandi riserve di valuta estera, come ad esempio la Russia, potrebbero mettere all’angolo il mercato dell’oro del Comex e causare un default».
L’Ora Zero s’avvicina. Ecco un altro vaso di vermi scoperto sempre da Grant Williams. Di seguito viene presentato un grafico del prezzo dell’oro fino a tre anni fa, e vengono evidenziate due date precise. La prima: quando Hugo Chavez ha chiesto il rimpatrio di 160 tonnellate di oro detenute all’estero, prevalentemente presso la Banca d’Inghilterra. La seconda: quando la banca centrale tedesca ha chiesto la restituzione di 674 tonnellate di oro detenute presso la FED di New York e la Banque de France (per le quali è stato detto ai tedeschi di aspettare sette anni).
DR_10-29-13_Curious-580x420.png
In entrambi i casi, «un movimento iniziale verso l’alto si è rapidamente trasformato in un movimento verso il basso» per quanto riguarda il prezzo dell’oro, scrive Williams. E dato che la Germania ha chiesto indietro più di quattro volte i lingotti richiesti dal Venezuela, il movimento verso il basso è risultato molto più consistente.
Williams è d’accordo con Eric Sprott, il fund manager canadese che lo scorso Febbraio ci ha aiutato a sviluppare lo scenario dell’Ora Zero. Le banche centrali occidentali hanno dato in affitto il loro oro alle grandi banche commerciali a tassi di interesse inferiori all’1%, e le banche commerciali hanno venduto quell’oro (soprattutto in Cina) seminando poi i proventi in attività fruttifere superiori all’1%. «Penso che le banche centrali abbiano dato in affitto il loro oro per decenni alle bullion bank», scrive Williams nelle sua newsletter gratuita Things That Make You Go Hmmm… «ed ora si trovano in una posizione piuttosto precaria nel dover reclamare quello che si suppone sia di loro proprietà, prima che venga fatta notare tale mancanza».
L’abbattimento del prezzo dell’oro cartaceo «è stato specificamente progettato per scuotere coloro che lo possedevano con una certa titubanza, e per un certo verso ha funzionato, ma solo tra i titolari più deboli, i quali tendono ad ‘affittare’ l’oro piuttosto che possederlo», prosegue Williams. «Penso che le mani più forti abbiano continuato a reclamare la consegna del loro oro il più velocemente possibile; e le banche centrali di paesi come Cina, Russia e tutto il resto dell’Asia e del Sud America hanno cercato di acquistare e, soprattutto, di prendere in consegna l’oro fisico per quanto li fosse possibile».
L’Ora Zero s’avvicina. Lo stesso Sprott sarebbe d’accordo. «L’offerta d’oro non è salita», ha detto di recente in un’intervista a Mineweb. «In effetti è diminuita l’anno scorso, e sono sicuro che diminuirà quest’anno, e sono sicuro che diminuirà anche il prossimo anno. Quindi come è possibile avere questi nuovi operatori che entrano nel mercato ed acquistano tanto oro nonostante il prezzo continui a scendere? E’ sempre stata mia opinione che la domanda di oro è ben al di sopra dell’offerta mineraria, che sono le banche centrali occidentali a fornire l’oro. Penso che il declino dell’oro sia stato progettato per provare a tirare fuori un po’ di oro fisico dal mercato, cosa a cui GLD e altri ETF hanno risposto in proporzione enorme. C’è stata una svendita di circa 700 tonnellate di oro fisico in circa sei mesi. Beh, si tratta di quasi 1,400 tonnellate l’anno. E vorrei sottolineare che si tratta di circa due terzi della produzione mineraria di Cina e Russia».
Consideratelo un regalo mentre l’Ora Zero si avvicina. Nel 2013 è possibile acquistare il metallo giallo ai prezzi del 2010. Saluti.

Fonte Ora zero: il meglio dell?oro deve ancora venire | Rischio Calcolato

Buon we

Ones :)

JollyRoker

Nuovo forumer
[GOLD] CONTINUAZIONE DEL RIMBALZO.... — Gold/U.S. Dollar (FX:XAUUSD) / 2017-07-17 — SignalSwiss | TradingView

Buon giorno Traders!
Venerdì scorso, l'oro ha violato il livello di resistenza, quindi ci aspettiamo una continuazione di questo rimbalzo. Dal punto di vista tecnico, vediamo potenziali 5 onde, e il nostro obbiettivo sarà quello di prendere posizione lunga sul completamento di onda 4. Detto questo, non sappiamo se vedremo 3 sotto onde di correzione (ABC) oppure 5 (ABCDE), ma l'area intorno a 1.223 dovrebbe essere monitorata (potenziale area disetup).
Il movimento impulsivo (target) dovrebbe spingere l'oro sopra area 1.235, vediamo....

rcZ74pww

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto