FTSE Mib Futures LIVELLI OPERATIVI DEL FIB DEL 09 luglio (1 Viewer)

gengiskan

Forumer storico
fleur a titolo di apprendimento mi spieghi il grafico postato

gli small sono i piccoli giusto?
i commercial e i large chi sono? le banche immagino?

e il cot esiste solo per l' SeP?

denhiu' :)

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
gengiskan ha scritto:
fleur a titolo di apprendimento mi spieghi il grafico postato

gli small sono i piccoli giusto?
i commercial e i large chi sono? le banche immagino?

e il cot esiste solo per l' SeP?

denhiu' :)

Ciao Gengis :) , riprendo dal post del caffè questo brano dove si dice che la divisione tra le tre categorie non è ben definita , a grandi linee i commercial sono gli istituzionali , i large speculators i pescecani con le spalle larghe e gli hedge funds, gli small speculators tutto il resto.
I COT vengono rilasciati su tutto quello che quota in USA :)

Commitments of Traders – An Explanation

The Commitments of Traders charts illustrate the directions in which three different categories of investors believe a given commodity is headed. These three categories (Commercials, Large Speculators and Small Speculators) are based on the following definitions:

Commercials (aka hedgers) are people or companies that deal with actual commodities as part of doing business. They trade in those futures as a hedge against the risks they run in the course of that business. Commercials are exempt from position limits and post smaller margins than speculators.

Large Speculators are traders whose trading levels are high enough that they require reporting to the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission). These trading levels vary from one commodity to another, and often from one year to another.

Small Speculators are the traders remaining after the Commercials and Large Speculators have been subtracted from the total open interests.

These three divisions are not quite so well-defined in reality as shown above. Successful small traders become large traders while unsuccessful large traders become small traders, and commercial ‘hedgers’ often trade on speculation.

Though there are no hard and fast rules about the success of each of these divisions, it is generally assumed that the Commercials are the most successful. The large speculators used to be successful as well but in recent years have done poorly as a group. The small investors are often looked at as the example of what not to do in futures trading.

The motivating factor of a given group should also be taken into account. It should be remembered that the commercials are often short because they are hedging while the small investors are often long due to unflagging optimism.

The actual values are less important than the current trend. Are commercial traders reducing their position or increasing it? Also compare to past years to get an idea of typical holdings particularly for the commercials.

arseniolupin

Forumer storico
gio

il tipo di cui parli è quello della grossa operazione da 500+500 opzioni credo.

che potrebbe fare?

chudere le put in guadagno intanto , e aspettare il prossimo imminente rimbalzo di tim per guadagnare pure sulle call.

non cambio mai io :)

gengiskan

Forumer storico
grazie fleur :)
da quello che si vede i grossi sono posizionati short ,
pero' nulla toglie che siano operazioni di copertura su
altri strumenti finanziari .
hai una conoscenza storica di questo indicatore che
faccia presumere una valenza dello stesso in questo momento?

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
gengiskan ha scritto:
grazie fleur :)
da quello che si vede i grossi sono posizionati short ,
pero' nulla toglie che siano operazioni di copertura su
altri strumenti finanziari .
hai una conoscenza storica di questo indicatore che
faccia presumere una valenza dello stesso in questo momento?

fatti un giro qui sopra: http://www.softwarenorth.com/trading/commitmentscurrent/

c'è anche qualche esempio di grafico comparato con i prezzi .
Si la cosa che colpisce è che il rialzo nelle ultime due settimane è stato guidato dagli small , gli altri ,chi per copertura chi per altro, si sono girati short

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto