Journal to portfolio afterlife (5 lettori)

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
“Gli enormi rincari di materie prime ed energia stanno impattando sui costi delle imprese, in Italia ancor più che negli altri paesi europei, assottigliando i margini, in alcuni casi fino a zero. Secondo le stime del nostro Centro Studi, a causa del balzo dei prezzi, i costi energetici della manifattura italiana sono cresciuti di 27 miliardi di euro rispetto al periodo pre-crisi (+68 miliardi nell’intera economia)”.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
E siamo solo all'inizio.

Più di 1 italiano su 4, dato equivalente ad oltre 11 milioni di individui (26%), ha dichiarato che l’aumento dei prezzi in corso ormai da 3 mesi ha avuto un impatto molto negativo sul proprio bilancio familiare. Per far fronte ai rincari gli italiani hanno adottato diverse strategie; c’è chi ha ridotto, se non del tutto eliminato, alcune voci di spesa (66% dei rispondenti), mentre oltre 4,7 milioni di individui per far quadrare i conti, hanno dovuto lasciare indietro alcune spese comunque scadute come, ad esempio, le bollette di luce e gas o le rate del condominio.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
In a new research note, Goldman Sachs' chief U.S. economist Jan Hatzius calculated that the global market for the 200 largest cryptos shed an astounding $1 trillion in value from a peak late last year while U.S. households own about one third of the global crypto market.
But crypto holdings make up for only about 0.3% of U.S. household net worth, Hatzius added, so any drag on the American consumer is likely to be minimal.
Corporate equities, as Hatzius calls them, account for about 33% of household net worth. The decline in stock prices this year has reduced household net worth by roughly $8 trillion compared to the end of 2021, estimates Hatzius.

1194fa30-d81d-11ec-be3f-4ecb97433db0.jpg

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
The Federal Reserve’s pivot over the last six months has been aggressive—and represents arguably one of the fastest instances of intentional monetary tightening over the last 30 years. It’s natural that financial conditions would worsen significantly in response—and indeed it was likely a necessary (whether intentional or not) downstream consequence of such a pivot.

https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_5797387d-...png

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
I would argue the housing market has a far greater wealth effect on households than the stock market does.
The top 10% can live through a bear market in stocks. In most cases, they’ll be the ones buying more shares when stocks fall.

Screenshot-2022-05-27-172055.png

Screenshot-2022-05-27-120533.png

Questo è vero, ma quello che i cittadini risparmiano sulla rata del mutuo inflazionata, lo rendono cogli interessi sul proprio paniere di spesa (energia, cibo, trasporti). E il sentiment del consumatore va a farsi benedire.
And one of the few silver linings of the high inflation we’re currently experiencing is that it benefits those in debt. Considering the bottom 90% holds 75% of household debt and the bottom 50% has roughly one-third of all debt, inflation is disproportionately helping the debts of the middle and lower classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto