Journal to portfolio afterlife (5 lettori)

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Proponents of active management strategies maintain that funds tend to beat indexes when markets are in a downturn, but that hasn’t happened this year, according to Morningstar research that’s cited in a Barron’s article. Out of almost 3,000 active funds, just 40% of them beat their passive counterpart in the 12 months spanning from June 2021 through June 2022. In 2021, when markets were much calmer, that rate was 47%.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
As the bear market marches on, the main question becomes how much the risk of recession has already been priced into earnings. Comparing current earnings forecasts to those from before the pandemic, 85% of S&P 500 companies posted higher forecasts earnings per share for the next 12 months than they posted in February 2020, while 81% are trading at lower multiples than their forecasts. That divergence could be due to the effects of the pandemic, when many top tech firms saw their earnings skyrocket, or from the lowered valuation of their future growth thanks to higher interest rates. But the divergence could also be the result of “recession prep,” where the risk to future growth is causing lower valuations, the article posits.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Non per l'eurozona, rispetto ad inizio anno.
Stocks are down.
Bonds are down.
Gold is down.

Notevole
The yield on the U.S. Treasury bond has gone from a low of 0.5% in the depths of the pandemic to close to 4% today. So, a bond investor today is getting 16x the yield someone got 2.5 years ago.

Inutile chiudere la stalla quando i buoi sono scappati.
Investing is all about tradeoffs and each of the ideas above comes with a tradeoff and their own set of risks. It’s also a little disingenuous and easy for me to write about this now, after all these assets are down as much as they are. But my point is not to suggest that now is a good time to reduce risk. It is to give those investors who are lower on the risk spectrum some ideas to explore now or in the future as they seek conservative ways to manage their investments over time.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Sono d'accordo col filo logico di Orsini, cioè i gasdotti sono strumenti di pace, per commerciare pacificamente e si presume con reciproca soddisfazione sia per il venditore che per il compratore. E aggiungo: se blocchi il flusso i gasdotti diventano strumenti di ricatto, se li distruggi diventano un casus belli. E aggiungo: il libero commercio in generale è una forma di cooperazione, e perciò di pace tra i paesi, se metti i dazi ne rallenti il flusso, se metti le sanzioni scateni la guerra economica. E la guerra energetica è la primaria forma di guerra economica, ma quando si distruggono le infrastrutture commerciali si sale di livello al terrorismo di Stato, come lo è nel caso del sabotaggio al NS1 e NS2. E come ho già scritto poco tempo fa, quando si apre quella porta (terrorismo di Stato) nulla diventa intoccabile, comprese le infrastrutture internet sottomarine, o altre infrastrutture critiche in altre parti del mondo. Se non è escalation questo, non so cos'altro lo sia.

Quanto al rischio delle armi nucleari, mentre potrebbe essere possibile e non necessariamente probabile l'utilizzo di una bomba nucleare tattica in Ucraina, francamente spero che prima dell'uso di armi nucleari strategiche prevalga il buonsenso. Prima di arrivare alla bomba nucleare tattica però, secondo me il conflitto in Ucraina si dovrebbe inasprire molto ma molto di più di quanto non lo sia stato sinora, con altre decine di migliaia di morti da ambo i lati.

Auguriamoci che si arrivi presto ad un accordo di pace o almeno che la guerra in Ucraina prosegua "solo" con armamenti tradizionali con un logoramento reciproco.

Infine, vorrei ricordare allo smemorato Rampini che la Truss ha già minacciato l'uso dell'arma nucleare pochi giorni fa, e le piazze non sono invase dai pacifisti.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
1664621797102.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto