Journal to portfolio afterlife (6 lettori)

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Immagine.jpg

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Il ritiro anticipato dal mondo del lavoro non implica la "felicità", anche se il lasciare un lavoro odioso può essere un miglioramento (temporaneo ma non necessariamente permanente). Tra l'altro va detto che se si odia un lavoro nessuno vieta di cercarne un'altro più gratificante o meno impegnativo in termini di tempo.
La tranquillità economica può fornire un po' di serenità ma non alle persone che sono ansiose come parte integrante della propria indole.

The root of the problem is that too many people hate their jobs.

They tell themselves that they will only be happy once they are retired. Before they get there, they will never be happy. They constantly remind themselves how miserable their life is and how wonderful their life will be once they are free from their 9-5 job. So, they constantly look forward to that retirement day so they can give their employers the middle finger and tell their coworkers to get lost.
This video is a perfect example of this endless vicious cycle of going nowhere and believing that buying things will lead to happiness.

Connecting life problems to not having money, financial independence, or retire early is simply incorrect and fallacious.
Reaching financial independence and retire early does not automatically mean that you have crossed the finish line and that automatically makes you happy.

Qualche pillola di saggezza:

Practice gratitude every day and be appreciative that you are still alive at this very moment. Enjoy the present moment, because you can’t be certain that you will be alive tomorrow. Stop worrying about things in the past because they are already done.
Stress is just an imaginary thing that we invented. The things you are stressing out about, you don’t have control over. So why stress over them?

Rather than focus on early retirement, the mainstream media articles should focus on financial independence instead. Become financially independent so one has the option to decide whether to continue to work or to do something that they are truly passionate about, whether that brings in income or not.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
My story may inspire others to save. But I hope it also makes them realize that they also need to enjoy life. I’ve had extreme savings habits from an early age because I’ve always been somewhat anxious. I’ve long wanted enough saved in case bad things happen. I struggle with just going with the flow. Like many people, I feel the need to be in control. But as I’ve discovered, money is not an elixir. Sure, ample cash and high retirement account balances provide financial security. But they will not bring peace and joy. My advice: Try to strike a balance, preparing financially for the long run—but also living in the moment.

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
Avevo già scritto un post sulla miope politica energetica europea, ora iniziamo a raccoglierne i frutti, dovuti all'impreparazione. Ho la sensazione che il green deal e l'imposizione dell'auto elettrica ci porteranno più danni che benefici, ma spero di sbagliarmi.

Immagine.jpg

portfolioafterlife

too fast for love
In questo video si parla di obiettivi:
- la motivazione come motore che porta al raggiungimento degli obiettivi
- la gratificazione posticipata con obiettivi di lungo termine deve essere bilanciata con le ricompense a breve termine, per essere più "felici"
- sono preferibili gli obiettivi misurabili anzichè quelli astratti
- vanno settati degli obiettivi adeguati per noi stessi e non generalizzati, e tenendo conto anche delle circostanze
- un determinato obiettivo può non essere salutare per noi stessi, anche se fortemente motivante, è necessario valutarne gli effetti e il perchè lo perseguiamo
- simpatico l'aneddoto dei ratti di Hanoi
- per alcune persone è più motivante misurare l'obiettivo con "quanto manca" anziché "quanto ho completato"
- non è così semplice imparare dagli errori
- forte l'esempio degli obiettivi "combinati", esempio: mangiare sano a casa vs fast food combina il risparmare con il migliorare la salute, l'andare al lavoro in bicicletta anziché in auto combina l'esercizio fisico col risparmiare e salvaguardare l'ambiente
- i buoni propositi di fine d'anno vengono ancora perseguiti nel novembre dell'anno successivo solo nel 25% dei casi
- il commitment con componente sociale aiuta a raggiungere gli obiettivi, esempio ci si prende l'impegno di uscire con un amico tutti i fine settimana per una escursione in mountain bike

In parte legato all'argomento, il libro Atomic Habits di James Clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto