High Frequency Trading (1 Viewer)

AndrewLR

Nuovo forumer
Mi ritrovo in questi suggerimenti:

"Many of the strategies are motivated by objective functions (contour integrals) in the complex plane and the elements of complex linear spaces, so I'd recommend at least for an applied understanding:
Saff, E. B., and Snider, A. D. Fundamentals of Complex Analysis with Applications to Engineering, Science and Mathematics.
In addition to Saff and Snider, I recommend you take a look at Stony Brook's AMS 523, Mathematics of High Frequency Finance course gives a good outline which includes Banach spaces, Cauchy theory, residue calculus, the Cauchy-Riemann equations, all of which are extremely important in the groundwork for a HFT strategy in the equities space. Note however that these classes of strategies are probably most perfected at SocGen/Latour (Tower Research) though, who have refined them thoroughly over the years.
Also central to HFT is the construction of abstract measures, Hilbert space and positive functionals, and the Lebesgue-Radon-Nikodym theorem is an important milestone. I like Terry Tao's excursion into measure theory, followed by Rudin's attack on the LRN theorem. Rudin's approach is particularly elegant if you pick up from the Riesz representation theorem from Riesz and Nagy's exposition directly:
Tao, T. An Introduction to Measure Theory.
Riesz, F.,and Sz.-Nagy, B. Functional Analysis.
Rudin, W. Real and Complex Analysis.
There's important analogs between statistics and algebraic topology, and it should also come as no surprise that the team that wrote Reflex at GETCO (before they merged with KCG) included several PhDs on algebraic topology, and several of them later left to expand that work at Citadel Securities:
May, J. P. Differential Forms in Algebraic Topology
Bott, R. A Concise Course in Algebraic Topology
Complex manifold theory, schemes, algebraic affine and projective curves and varieties, and in general the solutions of discrete-time polynomial equations are a common issue if you're modeling high-frequency tick data. Renaissance Technologies and Two Sigma have locked in several of the leading researchers in this space at Harvard's physics department plus several of Zariski/Mumford's former students and have been refining this space of strategies for several years already. If that doesn't deter you from trying, these are the classical references in algebraic geometry:
Hartshorne, R. Algebraic Geometry.
Griffiths, P., and Harris, J. Principles of Algebraic Geometry
Gathmann's course at the University of Kaiserlautern had very well-written course notes that I found particularly useful when I had to learn algebraic geometry from scratch in my first 3-6 months at a HFT shop.
Lastly, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of renormalization, conformal field theory and gauge theory. This is the primary reason why the HFT teams (DRW, SIG equities etc.) are staffed mostly by physics PhDs rather than applied math PhDs, because it's a natural development before coursework in quantum field theory. Deligne's book was my favorite:
Deligne, P. Quantum Fields and Strings
Of particular importance is the range of topological field theories that relate to Chern-Simons theory (half-named after Jim Simons from Rentec) and the Dijkgraaf-Witten theory. Sati and Schreiber also have a wonderful collection of the latest developments and literature in this area."

high frequency - Where can I find literature (books, articles, etc.) about basic HFT / arbitrage strategies? - Quantitative Finance Stack Exchange

Cren

Forumer storico
Ho dei brutti trascorsi con Matt Wolf su quel sito, ma mentre leggevo l'elenco di titoli non potevo fare a meno di pensare la stessa cosa:

«Excuse me but how are ANY of the above topics related to high frequency trading? Most everything in HFT is related to the efficiency of hardware and technology rather than making probabilistic assumptions and/or predictions (other than of the most simple and computationally efficient kind). You would never reach microsecond space if you had to perform calculations that originated from any of the above topics you listed. And please do not confuse the latency space Simons operated/operated in with HFT
Quell'altro, di contro, dice di avere i numeri e di essere stato nel settore... mah :rolleyes:

Piedi a Terra

Forumer storico

AndrewLR

Nuovo forumer
Ho dei brutti trascorsi con Matt Wolf su quel sito, ma mentre leggevo l'elenco di titoli non potevo fare a meno di pensare la stessa cosa:
«Excuse me but how are ANY of the above topics related to high frequency trading? Most everything in HFT is related to the efficiency of hardware and technology rather than making probabilistic assumptions and/or predictions (other than of the most simple and computationally efficient kind). You would never reach microsecond space if you had to perform calculations that originated from any of the above topics you listed. And please do not confuse the latency space Simons operated/operated in with HFT
Quell'altro, di contro, dice di avere i numeri e di essere stato nel settore... mah :rolleyes:

Credo sia una ovvia presa in giro nei confronti di chi ha posto la domanda :)

Maktub

Nuovo forumer
Se a qualcuno interessa, sono un informatico in primis e trader in secundis.
Dopo aver letto diversi libri sugli hft, di cui ho approfondito sia la parte di informatica che di trading, ho scritto quanto segue:

HFT Parte 1

HFT Parte 2

HFT Parte 3 - Dark Pools

Andrea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analisi per investire in maniera accorta, intelligente e sostenibile.
site : Money Risk Analysis - Borsadocchiaperti
facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Borsadocchiaperti/213959412035603
twitter : https://twitter.com/borsadocchiaper

hunsen

Nuovo forumer
Se a qualcuno interessa, sono un informatico in primis e trader in secundis.
Dopo aver letto diversi libri sugli hft, di cui ho approfondito sia la parte di informatica che di trading, ho scritto quanto segue:

HFT Parte 1

HFT Parte 2

HFT Parte 3 - Dark Pools

Andrea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analisi per investire in maniera accorta, intelligente e sostenibile.
site : Money Risk Analysis - Borsadocchiaperti
facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Borsadocchiaperti/213959412035603
twitter : https://twitter.com/borsadocchiaper

Ciao Andrea,

sono curioso di capire come funziana "sta roba" di hft, ho letto la parte 1 e 2 dei link che hai postato e il tuo discorso mi torna, pero' ti volevo chiedere se quando dici
"Chi pagano per avere prima i dati? Gli Exchange stessi che a loro volta pagano chi esegue le transazioni per mandare loro le transazioni"
si sta parlando di una cosa risaputa-legale? Cioè gli "aquisti" di questi dati (mi sembra prima che vadano a mercato) sono documentati o è una ipotesi?
Io mi spiegavo il tutto con un "bug" -voluto- nei protocolli di comunicazione...se invece acquistano direttamente i dati mi sembra grave:mumble:

Maktub

Nuovo forumer
Sono accordi noti che potremmo definire "otc" o da "black market". Non so se siano pratiche legali, comunque sono situazioni vere.

Maktub

Nuovo forumer
Dopo l'hacking vero e proprio dei protocolli può essere fatto comunque da hacker esperti. Qui però non si tratta di hacking ma di pratiche più che illegali probabilmente non volutamente regolamentate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto