Streep-tease del sistema-bund e compagnia-viet. MAGG. 1985 a (1 Viewer)

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
ma che mutanda :D

122157326912100915703288303122725lo.jpg

f4f

翠鸟科
ekkime

Churchill, apotropaiKo

I pass with relief from the tossing sea of Cause and Theory to the firm ground of Result and Fact
The truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it, ignorance may deride it, malice may distort it, but there it is.
Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realise that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

bellissima ... purtroppo anche attualissima, slipping from nations to CB
* Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war.
o To Neville Chamberlain in the House of Commons, after the Munich accords (1938)

maria

Forumer storico
Fleur, non sfidarmi o settaccio l'web in cerca di smutandati!

Tremonti aveva già detto. A domanda: sarà peggio del '29? risponde "dixi".

f4f

翠鸟科
I would say to the House, as I said to those who have joined this Government: 'I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.' We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

* Speech in the House of Commons, after taking office as Prime Minister (13 May 1940) This has often been misquoted in the form: "I have nothing to offer but blood, sweat and tears..."

* If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.
o Speech after the German invasion of the Soviet Union (June 1941)

f4f

翠鸟科
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

* Speech given after the British victory over the German Afrika Korps at the Second Battle of El Alamein in Egypt (1942-11-10)

f4f

翠鸟科
maria ha scritto:
Tremonti aveva già detto. A domanda: sarà peggio del '29? risponde "dixi".

tremonti ....
venne e vide, anche?
sul 'vici' non c'è bisogno di risposta

* For myself, I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else.
o Speech at the Lord Mayor's banquet in London (1954-11-09)

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto